SubjectRe: cpufreq longhaul locks up
> <6>No local APIC present or hardware disabled
> <7>mapped APIC to ffffd000 (011ea000)
> <5>Local APIC not detected. Using dummy APIC emulation.
I/O APIC is very bad thing with Longhaul, but You don't have
local APIC, so it shouldn't be used.
> <6>ACPI: Using PIC for interrupt routing
Looks like it isn't.
> <4>ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKA] (IRQs *20), disabled.
> <4>ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKB] (IRQs *21)
> <4>ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKC] (IRQs *22)
> <4>ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [ALKD] (IRQs *23), disabled.
This is pointing to I/O APIC, but I don't see later that
such high interrupts are used. And if I/O APIC would be in
use You would have lockup in the moment of transition.

I was suspecting:
> One of the 2.6.21 regressions was Guilherme's problem seeing his box
> lock up when the system detected an unstable TSC and dropped back to
> using the HPET.
>
> In digging deeper, we found the HPET is not actually incrementing on
> this system. And in fact, the reason why this issue just cropped up was
> because of Thomas's clocksource watchdog code was comparing the TSC to
> the HPET (which wasn't moving) and thought the TSC was broken.
because I know that VT8237 has HPET built in. But I don't see any lines
starting with "hpet: enabled" or something similar. But I don't know
what to search for. I didn't have contact with HPET earlier.
It is very similar and Your problem with ondemand is starting right
after
> May 3 19:17:22 cn kernel: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -136422685
> ns)
I don't see such message as long as "performance" governor is used.

Anyway adding "hpet=disable" at boot should confirm for sure that it
isn't it. And I think that John already ruled this out by
clocksource=acpi_pm.

Sorry
Rafał