    SubjectRe: [SOLVED] Serial buffer corruption [was Re: FTDI usb-serial possible bug]
    On Sat, 5 May 2007 20:07:15 +0200
    Oliver Neukum <oliver@neukum.org> wrote:

    > Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2007 18:36 schrieb Alan Cox:
    > > > In the serial driver this usually just results in dropping
    > > > RTS to signal the remote end to stop sending. The serial
    > > > driver always immediately gives receive data to the tty buffering
    > > > without regard to the throttled state.
    > > >
    > > > I would argue that cdc-acm should do the same as the serial driver.
    > >
    > > This is a bug in cdc-acm really. It should not double buffer, but to be
    > > fair to the authors prior to the new tty buffering it *had* to do this.
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > should I understand this so that, if tty_buffer_request_room() returns
    > less than requested, the rest of the data should be dropped on the
    > floor?

    If it returns NULL then either there is > 64K buffered (we can adjust
    that if anyone shows need - its just for sanity) or the system is out of
    RAM.

    Alan

      Last update: 2007-05-05 23:51    [W:0.060 / U:60.304 seconds]