    SubjectRe: [SOLVED] Serial buffer corruption [was Re: FTDI usb-serial possible bug]
    Date
    Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2007 18:36 schrieb Alan Cox:
    > > In the serial driver this usually just results in dropping
    > > RTS to signal the remote end to stop sending. The serial
    > > driver always immediately gives receive data to the tty buffering
    > > without regard to the throttled state.
    > >
    > > I would argue that cdc-acm should do the same as the serial driver.
    >
    > This is a bug in cdc-acm really. It should not double buffer, but to be
    > fair to the authors prior to the new tty buffering it *had* to do this.

    Hi,

    should I understand this so that, if tty_buffer_request_room() returns
    less than requested, the rest of the data should be dropped on the
    floor?

    Regards
    Oliver

      Last update: 2007-05-05 20:11    [W:0.019 / U:59.844 seconds]