SubjectRe: Weird hard disk noise on shutdown (bug #7674)
Did anything ever come of this?  We still have users complaining about
this. Does this patch resolve the issue? I can't seem to load it up
right now; the site says it is down for maintenance.

Francesco Pretto wrote:
> 2007/2/22, Robert Hancock <hancockr@shaw.ca>:
>>
>> I believe it runs on suspend, but we don't run that code on normal
>> shutdown, do we?
>>
>> Tejun Heo had a patch for sd that could (optionally) trigger a START
>> STOP UNIT command to spin the disk down after synchronizing the cache
>> before shutdown, but I haven't heard anything of it lately..
>>

> Was this?
> http://www.nabble.com/(fwd)--PATCH--sd:-implement-stop_on_shutdown-t3049703.html
>

> Not ready for inclusion yet? Tomorrow i'll give it a try, hoping it
> will apply to my conf. My actually shutdown procedure is to reboot on
> windows Xp and shutdown from there: i'm starting to become
> frustrated...

  Last update: 2007-05-04 21:15    [W:0.128 / U:0.152 seconds]