    SubjectRe: Weird hard disk noise on shutdown (bug #7674)
    Did anything ever come of this?  We still have users complaining about
    this. Does this patch resolve the issue? I can't seem to load it up
    right now; the site says it is down for maintenance.

    Francesco Pretto wrote:
    > 2007/2/22, Robert Hancock <>:
    >> I believe it runs on suspend, but we don't run that code on normal
    >> shutdown, do we?
    >> Tejun Heo had a patch for sd that could (optionally) trigger a START
    >> STOP UNIT command to spin the disk down after synchronizing the cache
    >> before shutdown, but I haven't heard anything of it lately..
    > Was this?
    > Not ready for inclusion yet? Tomorrow i'll give it a try, hoping it
    > will apply to my conf. My actually shutdown procedure is to reboot on
    > windows Xp and shutdown from there: i'm starting to become
    > frustrated...

      Last update: 2007-05-04 21:15    [W:0.023 / U:38.676 seconds]