    SubjectRe: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 6
    Date
    On Tuesday 29 May 2007 01:58:43 Nitin Gupta wrote:
    > On 5/29/07, Bret Towe <magnade@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > tested this on ppc and its still good
    > >
    > > is there any reason to bother with a test on amd64?
    > > if there is I might be able to get to it tonight
    >
    > Yes, this test is desired on 'take 6'
    > (In future I will append version to patch bz2)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nitin

    I added a few functions to my test-bed to see how well the LZO code coped with
    random input data. I'll extend my error checking so that it dumps all local
    variables at the first error, but for the time being I'm staring at a problem
    with what appears to be a double-free (in addition to lzo1x_decompress(_safe)
    screaming about overruns when I pass it the buffer of compressed, totally
    random data).

    (I fill the buffer by doing a read from /dev/urandom, though I'll certainly
    change it to use random() if anyone thinks that'll make a difference)

    I'll post the version with the random-data tests when I get the double-free
    solved. (I've looked and don't see how its happening)

    DRH

      Last update: 2007-05-29 22:17    [W:0.023 / U:1.672 seconds]