    SubjectRe: PCIE
    On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 05:01:02AM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
    > David Miller wrote:
    > > True, on sparc64 PCI-E controllers, for example, the MSI vector is
    > > received by the PCI-E host controller, and the host controller turns
    > > this into a cpu format interrupt packet for the system bus.
    >
    > Err .. why would a PCIe controller be CPU specific ? Looking at Figure
    > 1-6 of the spec, i think it should be CPU independent ?

    To be pedantic, the PCIe controller isn't really CPU specific.
    It's host bus specific. ie the PCI-e controller is a bridge between
    whatever chipset defines the "cache coherency domain" and the PCI-e devices.

    > Excuse me for my ignorance, just that my head has begun to reel after
    > reading through PCIe 1.0 and the device specs, still being inconclusive
    > how to proceed.

    no problem...I suspect you need to figure out why DTL-MMIO isn't working.
    I have never touched DTL and can't be of much help with that.

    hth,
    grant

      Last update: 2007-05-27 03:53    [W:0.023 / U:154.388 seconds]