    SubjectRe: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 4
    Hi Richard,

    On 5/25/07, Richard Purdie <richard@openedhand.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 17:15 +0530, Nitin Gupta wrote:
    > > Richard, can you please provide perf. results for this patch also?
    > > Also, can you please mail back latest version of your LZO patch? In
    > > meantime, I will try to include benchmarking support to the
    > > 'compress-test' module.
    >
    > This version is 15% slower at decompression and about equal on
    > compression.

    If you don't mind, can you please try patch attached now? I have now
    also rolled back that cpu_to_le16() change as Satyam suggested. I see
    no other reason for this perf. loss as I made no other change!

    Also, can you please verify if you are comparing your _safe_ version
    with this patch? This patch does not include unsafe version and the
    safe one is simply called lzo1x_decompress().

    > I am however still strongly of the opinion that we should just use the
    > version in -mm (which is my latest version).

    I love this cleaned-up patch just sooo much! :)
    Anyhow, if we can spend just small time scanning through these ~500
    LOC to find reasons for any perf. loss, we will gain a lot!

    Thanks,
    Nitin
    [unhandled content-type:application/x-bzip2]

      Last update: 2007-05-25 15:01    [W:0.026 / U:0.936 seconds]