    SubjectRe: [stable] Wanted: Allow adding new device IDs during the -stable cycle
    David Hollis wrote:
    > With the asix.c driver, you can't just add the USB IDs and have it work.
    > Each ID also needs to be told which driver structure to use, since the
    > driver itself supports three similar, but distinct chips. Adding the
    > IDs to the driver itself is naturally trivial, but adding via sysfs or
    > the like doesn't work. I would imagine that there are other drivers
    > that operate quite similarly.

    As is evident from the patches that do upstream (a requirement for
    -stable), it depends on the driver. Some drivers work just fine with a
    simple ID addition.

    Review the thread, we are just talking about the patches where adding an
    ID is the only work necessary.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2007-05-24 22:47    [W:0.029 / U:1.484 seconds]