SubjectRe: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?
On Wed, 23 May 2007, Roland Dreier wrote:

> > - every static function in a header file must be __always_inline
>
> Why? Why does it matter whether a function is defined in a .h file or
> a .c file? Can't the compiler decide better than we can whether
> something should be inlined or not?
>
> Your argument seems to imply that we should never use the inline
> keyword at all.

i hate to be in the middle of one of these again, but i think i
initiated this topic way back when when i (like rob landley) asked why
that config option was still around when it's been listed for deletion
for a year.

regardless of its good or bad points, one way or the other, something
should be updated.

rday