    SubjectRe: Status of CONFIG_FORCED_INLINING?
    On Wed, 23 May 2007, Roland Dreier wrote:

    > > - every static function in a header file must be __always_inline
    >
    > Why? Why does it matter whether a function is defined in a .h file or
    > a .c file? Can't the compiler decide better than we can whether
    > something should be inlined or not?
    >
    > Your argument seems to imply that we should never use the inline
    > keyword at all.

    i hate to be in the middle of one of these again, but i think i
    initiated this topic way back when when i (like rob landley) asked why
    that config option was still around when it's been listed for deletion
    for a year.

    regardless of its good or bad points, one way or the other, something
    should be updated.

    rday