    SubjectRe: class_device_create() and the mode of the device file in /dev.

    > No, the kernel is not involved in specifying /dev
    > permissions. You
    > have to add a udev rule to assign a mode that isn't
    > the default.

    Hmm...When I can create the device file automatically
    then I should also be able to specify the mode. udev
    can override this value from kernel if it has another
    value from the user. But not having this capability in
    the kernel kind of distributes the work (part 1 done
    in kernel while part 2 done in user space), which is
    not very friendly. Now I will have to distribute a
    udev conf file along with my driver.

    I can make changes to udev/kernel for this if people
    think that this is also desired by others.

    -Y

    in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      Last update: 2007-05-24 01:33    [W:0.027 / U:32.928 seconds]