    SubjectRe: [patch 07/69] libata-sff: Undo bug introduced with pci_iomap changes

    On Mon, 21 May 2007, Chris Wright wrote:
    > ---
    > [chrisw: Why is this not upstream yet?]

    And equally importantly, why is it even in the stable queue if it's not
    upstream.

    It's against stable rules, and it means that we may have stuff that gets
    fixed in -stable and not in -upstream, if people don't notice. THAT IS
    BAD!

    Having fixes in stable that don't exist in upstream make -stable be
    worse than pointless - it means that we actively _lose_ bug-reports. It
    may sound like a good idea in the short run, but it's a *horrible* thing
    for the long run.

    IOW, this should not be on the table for -stable, and people involved
    should have made sure it's in -upstream first!

    And no, I do not think it's languishing in my mailqueue. I'm pretty sure
    it's languishing somewhere else.

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-05-22 01:33    [W:0.021 / U:88.836 seconds]