    SubjectRe: [patch 07/69] libata-sff: Undo bug introduced with pci_iomap changes

    On Mon, 21 May 2007, Chris Wright wrote:
    > ---
    > [chrisw: Why is this not upstream yet?]

    And equally importantly, why is it even in the stable queue if it's not

    It's against stable rules, and it means that we may have stuff that gets
    fixed in -stable and not in -upstream, if people don't notice. THAT IS

    Having fixes in stable that don't exist in upstream make -stable be
    worse than pointless - it means that we actively _lose_ bug-reports. It
    may sound like a good idea in the short run, but it's a *horrible* thing
    for the long run.

    IOW, this should not be on the table for -stable, and people involved
    should have made sure it's in -upstream first!

    And no, I do not think it's languishing in my mailqueue. I'm pretty sure
    it's languishing somewhere else.

      Last update: 2007-05-22 01:33    [W:0.020 / U:66.612 seconds]