SubjectRe: [patch 07/69] libata-sff: Undo bug introduced with pci_iomap changes

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Chris Wright wrote:
> ---
> [chrisw: Why is this not upstream yet?]

And equally importantly, why is it even in the stable queue if it's not

It's against stable rules, and it means that we may have stuff that gets
fixed in -stable and not in -upstream, if people don't notice. THAT IS

Having fixes in stable that don't exist in upstream make -stable be
worse than pointless - it means that we actively _lose_ bug-reports. It
may sound like a good idea in the short run, but it's a *horrible* thing
for the long run.

IOW, this should not be on the table for -stable, and people involved
should have made sure it's in -upstream first!

And no, I do not think it's languishing in my mailqueue. I'm pretty sure
it's languishing somewhere else.