SubjectRe: signals logged / [RFC] log out-of-virtual-memory events
Date
Folkert van Heusden wrote:
>>> Can we already use that one in send_signal? As the signal needs to be
>>> send first I think before we know if it was handled or not? sig_fatal
>>> checks if the handler is set to default - which is it is not taken care
>>> of.
>> What about ptrace()'d processes? I don't think we should log signals for them...
>
> Why not?

Maybe sometimes it's useful, maybe not, but I suppose that usually only the
controlling process should care about the critical signals received by the
controlled process. I simply don't think it should be a system issue. For
example I wouldn't like to have a lot of messages in the kernel logs just
because I'm debugging some segfaulting programs with gdb.

-Andrea

  Last update: 2007-05-22 00:19    [W:0.221 / U:0.064 seconds]