SubjectRe: CFQ IO scheduler patch series - AIM7 DBase results on a 16-way IA64
Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Mon, May 21 2007, Alan D. Brunelle wrote:
>
>> Jens Axboe wrote:

>>> Alan, can you repeat that same run with this patch applied? It
>>> reinstates the cfq lookup hash, which could account for increased system
>>> utilization.
>>>

>> Hi Jens -
>>
>> This test was performed over the weekend, results are updated on
>>
>> http://free.linux.hp.com/~adb/cfq/cfq_dbase.png
>>

> Thanks a lot, Alan! So the cfq hash does indeed improve things a little,
> that's a shame. I guess I'll just reinstate the hash lookup.

You're welcome Jens, but remember: It's one set of data; from one
benchmark; on one architecture; on one platform...don't know if you
should scrap the whole thing for that! :-) At the very least, I could
look into trying it out on another architecture. Let me see what I can
dig up...

Alan

  Last update: 2007-05-21 17:15    [W:0.046 / U:0.444 seconds]