    SubjectRe: [RFC] enhancing the kernel's graphics subsystem
    Jon Smirl wrote:
    > This design still requires a global server app since the heads share a
    > single device.
    > I am always concerned that the root priv code in the X server is a
    > potential security hole. I would like to move away from a model where
    > there is a global controlling app. I don't think we need a global
    > controlling app at all.

    If you have multiple "controlling" apps competing for a single device,
    that either implies complexity in each app for sharing control, or
    moving even more code into the kernel for 2D and 3D.

    I don't think the kernel community is yet interested in moving
    everything of consequence into the kernel.

      Last update: 2007-05-21 03:31    [W:0.019 / U:43.904 seconds]