SubjectRe: [RFC] enhancing the kernel's graphics subsystem
Jon Smirl wrote:
> This design still requires a global server app since the heads share a
> single device.
> I am always concerned that the root priv code in the X server is a
> potential security hole. I would like to move away from a model where
> there is a global controlling app. I don't think we need a global
> controlling app at all.

If you have multiple "controlling" apps competing for a single device,
that either implies complexity in each app for sharing control, or
moving even more code into the kernel for 2D and 3D.

I don't think the kernel community is yet interested in moving
everything of consequence into the kernel.