SubjectRe: [git pull] New firewire stack
Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>
>> drivers/firewire/Kconfig | 60 ++
>
> NACK.
> Upgrade the current drivers/ieee1394/ with the new code, and keep all
> existing module names.

What's your reasoning here? Having different module names allows people to
compile both stacks and switch between them as they wish.

Another point in favour of different module names is that the new stack
doesn't actually provide the same user space interfaces as the old stack.
Basically, no applications use the raw kernel interfaces and the new stack is
only compatible at the library level. In the light of this, I think it's fair
to change the module names.

As for putting the new stack in drivers/ieee1394 - I don't know, I think it
makes sense to keep the new stack in it's own directory. If it's a deal
breaker for inclusion, let's talk about moving it, but it would be nice if you
could elaborate just a little bit beyond "NACK".

thanks,
Kristian

  Last update: 2007-05-02 21:59    [W:0.174 / U:0.020 seconds]