    SubjectRe: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans
    On Wed, 2 May 2007 12:44:13 +0200 Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:

    > > It is currently used as an instrumentation infrastructure for the LTTng
    > > tracer at IBM, Google, Autodesk, Sony, MontaVista and deployed in
    > > WindRiver products. The SystemTAP project also plan to use this type of
    > > infrastructure to trace sites hard to instrument. The Linux Kernel
    > > Markers has the support of Frank C. Eigler, author of their current
    > > marker alternative (which he wishes to drop in order to adopt the
    > > markers infrastructure as soon as it hits mainline).
    >
    > All of the above don't use mainline kernels.

    That's because they have to add a markers patch!

    > That doesn't constitute using it.

    Andi, there was a huge amount of discussion about all this in September last
    year (subjects: *markers* and *LTTng*). The outcome of all that was, I
    believe, that the kernel should have a static marker infrastructure.

      Last update: 2007-05-02 18:51    [W:0.030 / U:148.972 seconds]