    SubjectRe: [patch 14/22] pollfs: pollable futex
    On 5/2/07, Eric Dumazet <> wrote:
    > Well, poll() level edge semantic is well defined, you cannot cheat or change it.
    > If many threads call poll() on the same end point, they should *all* return POLLIN/whatever status.

    This means to me it's the wrong abstraction for this. We had a nice
    solution for this with Evgeniy's kevent interfaces. It worked without
    forcing futexes is this inflexible poll() interface.

    > This is why programs usually use one thread to dispatch events to workers, or at least dont queue XXXX threads calling poll() on one fd.

    No. This is why programs are forced to waste cycles by doing this.
    Ideally this would not happen. Ideally you'd park all worker thread
    in the same place and have them woken up one by one. Again, Evgeniy's
    code was able to do this. This approach seems to be a big step

      Last update: 2007-05-02 10:11    [W:0.031 / U:111.764 seconds]