SubjectRe: [rfc] increase struct page size?!
On Sat, 19 May 2007, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> However, there are numerous optimizations and features made possible
> with flag bits, which might as could be made cheap by padding struct
> page up to the next highest power of 2 bytes with space for flag bits.

Well the last time I tried to get this by Andi we became a bit concerned
when we realized that the memory map would grow by 14% in size. Given
that 4k page size challenged platforms have a huge amount of page structs
that growth is significant. I think it would be fine to do it for IA64
with 16k page size but not for x86_64.