    SubjectRe: [rfc] increase struct page size?!
    On Sat, 19 May 2007, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

    > However, there are numerous optimizations and features made possible
    > with flag bits, which might as could be made cheap by padding struct
    > page up to the next highest power of 2 bytes with space for flag bits.

    Well the last time I tried to get this by Andi we became a bit concerned
    when we realized that the memory map would grow by 14% in size. Given
    that 4k page size challenged platforms have a huge amount of page structs
    that growth is significant. I think it would be fine to do it for IA64
    with 16k page size but not for x86_64.

      Last update: 2007-05-19 20:27    [W:0.045 / U:61.328 seconds]