    SubjectRe: [patch] early printk and boot console fixups.
    On Wed, 16 May 2007, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

    > > Given the generic name of "uart" I am assuming this will work with any
    > > UART driver making use of the serial_core.c core -- am I correct?
    > I knew somebody would ask that eventually :-)
    > Unfortunately, the answer is "no." "console=uart" only works with
    > 8250-compatible devices.

    But is it a design limitation or is it just that other UART drivers have
    to be modified to work with this option? My point is if the former, then
    the option should be something like "console=8250" (the right-hand side
    being the name of the driver involved; others may want to add support for
    other drivers). If the latter, then it's fine as is as other UART drivers
    may be wired to this code as a need arises.

      Last update: 2007-05-17 11:49    [W:0.022 / U:12.072 seconds]