    SubjectRe: [RFC] select and dependencies in Kconfig

    On Wed, 16 May 2007, Al Viro wrote:
    > BTW, this kind of situation happens often enough, so how about doing
    > the following: teach kconfig that if FOO selects BAR and BAR depends
    > on <expr>, we should act as if FOO had explicit depends on <expr>.

    Sounds sane. I wonder if there are any non-obvious gotchas, and I worry
    that the indirect dependency ends up getting really confusing at times,
    but I don't think the notion is broken - just worrying about how to *show*
    this to explain what is going on when people say "why can't I select X".

      Last update: 2007-05-16 05:55    [W:0.019 / U:45.596 seconds]