SubjectRe: Standalone swap prefetch patch for mainline
Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:

> Brad, is it possible for you to do some more test with the latest
> version of both SD and CFS and post some more detailed feedbacks?
> That would help a lot.

Err.. Ok. I have the latest version of SD (that I know about). I could upgrade CFS, but unlike those
doing real scientific testing, I'm just getting a feel with my usual usage patterns (thunderbird,
firefox, openoffice, gimp, x-chat and gnome). I don't have any hard fast metrics I can measure
against really.

Anything I post would be subjective at best. (And to be honest, once I get a stable and usable
kernel I tend to stick with it for a month or so as I don't reboot - suspend2 regularly goes 100
suspend/resume cycles to S3 between reboots for me)

I'm a little more willing to experiment on my desktop box, but I really live from the laptop.

Brad