    SubjectO_DIRECT for FAT
    Date
    Hi,

    I found out, that the option O_DIRECT for opening a file on a fat-
    filesystem successfully completes. But reading and writing to that
    file leads to EINVAL errors (using kernel 2.6.18).

    I would like to access on certain files on a flash-disk without cache
    usage, whereas the rest of the filesystem shall be accessed normally/cached.
    I am aware of the previous discussion. My application is not targetting on a
    pure file usage (I can live with the existing features for that), but also
    for a side-channel IO to interact with the device.

    Do you see a way to solve my problem by any workaround? Is O_DIRECT
    support for fat-fs feasible in future?

    Grateful for any response.

    Thanks in advance
    Hubi

      Last update: 2007-05-15 00:05    [W:0.019 / U:120.752 seconds]