    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22-rc1
    Jan Engelhardt wrote:
    > menuconfig NETDEV_10000
    > bool "Ethernet (10GbE)"
    > ---help--
    > Say Y here to actually be able to go into this menu
    > and select some drivers that we think belong to the
    > "10 Gigabit Ethernet" family.
    >
    > If unsure, it is unwise to say N!
    >
    > See, this looks so fundamentally basic to me that I find it
    > almost funny. YMMV, hence I asked for suggestions from
    > other people.

    One problem is, nobody can see easily whether saying Y is merely the
    ticket to get into the menu, or whether it on its own will cause
    something to be built.

    PS: I still believe that Kconfigs shouldn't by overly burdened with
    presentation. Presentation should mostly be left to the UIs. And the
    UIs shouldn't be created by kernel hackers... ;-)
    --
    Stefan Richter