SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22-rc1
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> menuconfig NETDEV_10000
> bool "Ethernet (10GbE)"
> ---help--
> Say Y here to actually be able to go into this menu
> and select some drivers that we think belong to the
> "10 Gigabit Ethernet" family.
>
> If unsure, it is unwise to say N!
>
> See, this looks so fundamentally basic to me that I find it
> almost funny. YMMV, hence I asked for suggestions from
> other people.

One problem is, nobody can see easily whether saying Y is merely the
ticket to get into the menu, or whether it on its own will cause
something to be built.

PS: I still believe that Kconfigs shouldn't by overly burdened with
presentation. Presentation should mostly be left to the UIs. And the
UIs shouldn't be created by kernel hackers... ;-)
--
Stefan Richter