    SubjectRe: why does x86 "make defconfig" build a single, lonely module?
    On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 12:20 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
    > since this thread looks like it's going to get away from me in a
    > hurry :-), my only point in asking was to point out that that lone
    > module was the only thing preventing the build from being module-free.
    > i'm not saying that that's *necessarily* a good thing, but it just
    > strikes me as odd that, out of all of the possible modules that might
    > be selected in a default config for x86, this was the *only* one that
    > was picked.
    > i just think it's a bit weird, that's all.

    It's designed on the predicate that people who want to be module free
    will actually set CONFIG_MODULE=n.

    If you set CONFIG_MODULE=y and build SCSI we assume you could have a
    SCSI driver module at some point, which would necessitate the wait scan

      Last update: 2007-05-13 18:31    [W:0.019 / U:2.328 seconds]