SubjectRe: why does x86 "make defconfig" build a single, lonely module?
On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 12:20 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> since this thread looks like it's going to get away from me in a
> hurry :-), my only point in asking was to point out that that lone
> module was the only thing preventing the build from being module-free.
> i'm not saying that that's *necessarily* a good thing, but it just
> strikes me as odd that, out of all of the possible modules that might
> be selected in a default config for x86, this was the *only* one that
> was picked.
> i just think it's a bit weird, that's all.

It's designed on the predicate that people who want to be module free
will actually set CONFIG_MODULE=n.

If you set CONFIG_MODULE=y and build SCSI we assume you could have a
SCSI driver module at some point, which would necessitate the wait scan