    SubjectRe: [patch 07/10] Linux Kernel Markers - Documentation
    On Thu, 10 May 2007, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Because people want to know what it is really for ? It's quite amazing
    > really at the same time as people are posting crypto keys everywhere in
    > defiance of USSA law, we've got free software people trying to remove
    > references to a piece of out of tree software, and one that is free
    > software.

    Oh, I am not advocating censorship. I was merely pointing out that it
    seems silly to mention out-of-tree users because they come and go. Who
    knows whether LTTng or SystemTAP will be relevant five years from now?
    Besides, are we sure the document includes all potential users now? We
    wouldn't want to show favorism to any particular projects, now would we?

    On Thu, 10 May 2007, Alan Cox wrote:
    > And as I keep saying the tree is full of references to out of tree stuff.
    > The documentation directory alone currently contains over a thousand http
    > URLS as of 2.6.21-rc6-mm1.

    Many of the already out of date or expiring in the near future... But
    whatever, I don't care too much. Just wanted to say the review comment
    makes sense to me.

    Pekka

      Last update: 2007-05-10 15:19    [W:3.738 / U:0.440 seconds]