SubjectRe: remove broken URLs from net drivers' output
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 12:23:53AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> It had been sent twice to both linux-kernel and netdev, and when going
>> through old linux-kernel emails I considered it trivial enough (people
>> might argue about dead email addresses, but not about dead URLs).
>> I could send such patches to Andrew for that he includes them in -mm and
>> therefore will include them in his huge list of "forward again and again
>> to the maintainer until there is any reaction" patches.
>> But IMHO for such trivial patches it's enough if the maintainer had the
>> chance to veto them.
>

> Please follow the rule that everybody else follows: send to me and netdev.
> It's that simple :)

This doesn't answer the main question:
How often, if there's no maintainer reaction?

It happens that Andrew forwards patches from me in -mm 5 or 10 times to
a maintainer until he gets any reaction from the maintainer.

Before I'd start the same with trivial patches, it would be easier to
change the "trivial@kernel.org" mail alias to point to Andrew so that
trivial patches can also become part of his "forward patches to
maintainers again and again until there's any reaction" process.

That's not meant as a threat or anything like that, it's a serious
suggestion to avoid duplicated work.

> Jeff

cu
Adrian