    SubjectRe: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans
    On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 14:17 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> writes:
    > > Will merge the rustyvisor.
    >
    > IMHO the user code still doesn't belong into Documentation.
    > Also it needs another review round I guess. And some beta testing by
    > more people.

    Like any piece of code more review and more testing would be great.
    (Your earlier review was particularly useful!). But it's not clear that
    waiting for longer will achieve either.

    Look at kvm's experience for the reverse case: it went in, then got
    rewritten.

    As for the code in Documentation, my initial attempts tried to get
    around the need for a userspace part by putting everything in the kernel
    module. It meant you could launch a guest by writing a string
    to /dev/lguest (no real ABI burden there), but it's a worse solution
    than some user code in the kernel tree 8(

    Cheers,
    Rusty.

      Last update: 2007-05-02 02:33    [W:0.024 / U:0.252 seconds]