SubjectRe: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans: slub
On Tue, 1 May 2007, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> Yes, to me it does. If it could be defaulted to on throughout the
> -rcs, on every architecture, then I'd say that's "finishing work";
> and we'd be safe knowing we could go back to slab in a hurry if
> needed. But it hasn't reached that stage yet, I think.

Why would we need to go back to SLAB if we have not switched to SLUB? SLUB
is marked experimental and not the default.

The only problems that I am aware of is(or was) the issue with arches
modifying page struct fields of slab pages that SLUB needs for its own
operations. And I thought it was all fixed since the powerpc guys were
quiet and the patch was in for i386.

  Last update: 2007-05-01 23:11    [W:0.301 / U:1.808 seconds]