SubjectRe: pcmcia ioctl removal

On May 1 2007 05:16, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>on the other hand, the features removal file contains the following:

>What: PCMCIA control ioctl (needed for pcmcia-cs [cardmgr, cardctl])
>When: November 2005
>
>in other words, the PCMCIA ioctl feature *has* been listed as obsolete
>for quite some time, and is already a *year and a half* overdue for
>removal.
>
>in short, it's annoying to take the position that stuff can't be
>deleted without warning, then turn around and be reluctant to remove
>stuff for which *more than ample warning* has already been given.
>doing that just makes a joke of the features removal file, and makes
>you wonder what its purpose is in the first place.
>
>a little consistency would be nice here, don't you think?

I think this could raise their attention...

init/Makefile
obj-y += obsolete.o

init/obsolete.c:
static __init int obsolete_init(void)
{
printk("\e[1;31m""

The following stuff is gonna get removed \e[5;37m SOON: \e[0m
- cardmgr
- foobar
- bweebol

");
schedule_timeout(3 * HZ);
return;
}

static __exit void obsolete_exit(void) {}

Jan