    SubjectRe: pcmcia ioctl removal

    On May 1 2007 05:16, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

    >on the other hand, the features removal file contains the following:

    >What: PCMCIA control ioctl (needed for pcmcia-cs [cardmgr, cardctl])
    >When: November 2005
    >
    >in other words, the PCMCIA ioctl feature *has* been listed as obsolete
    >for quite some time, and is already a *year and a half* overdue for
    >removal.
    >
    >in short, it's annoying to take the position that stuff can't be
    >deleted without warning, then turn around and be reluctant to remove
    >stuff for which *more than ample warning* has already been given.
    >doing that just makes a joke of the features removal file, and makes
    >you wonder what its purpose is in the first place.
    >
    >a little consistency would be nice here, don't you think?

    I think this could raise their attention...

    init/Makefile
    obj-y += obsolete.o

    init/obsolete.c:
    static __init int obsolete_init(void)
    {
    printk("\e[1;31m""

    The following stuff is gonna get removed \e[5;37m SOON: \e[0m
    - cardmgr
    - foobar
    - bweebol

    ");
    schedule_timeout(3 * HZ);
    return;
    }

    static __exit void obsolete_exit(void) {}

    Jan