SubjectRe: "partical" kthread conversion
On Tue, 1 May 2007 09:42:45 +0100 Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 04:20:07PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > macintosh-mediabay-convert-to-kthread-api.patch
> > macintosh-adb-convert-to-the-kthread-api.patch
> > macintosh-therm_pm72c-partially-convert-to-kthread-api.patch
> > powerpc-pseries-rtasd-convert-to-kthread-api.patch
> > powerpc-pseries-eeh-convert-to-kthread-api.patch
> >
> > Will send to paulus (I already did - does Paul not handle the macintosh
> > driver?)
>
> Please don't send out the partial kthread conversions, as they're not
> that helpful. Depending on the way we'll let the API evolve a
> kthread_create/run not paired by a kthread_stop might be actually harmful.
>
> Please only send along patches that are paired or always built in so that
> they don't require stopping at all.
>
> Btw, many of the drivers above should probably go to benh.
>
> There's probably a few more patches falling into this category, these
> were just the first one the stick into my eye.

Yes, I think I'll probably drop all of them - I've completely lost track of
which ones are complete, which ones need more work, etc.

I might send ia64-sn-xpc-convert-to-use-kthread-api.patch+fixes off to
Tony, as people put quite a bit of review and test effort into that one.

  Last update: 2007-05-01 10:55    [W:0.541 / U:7.660 seconds]