    SubjectRe: [RFC] pata_icside driver
    Russell King wrote:
    > On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 07:13:05AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >> It should be noted, mainly for russell's benefit, that the ->irq_ack()
    >> hook is only called if a debug define is manually enabled in libata.h,
    >> in a single callsite.
    >>
    >> The number of people that actually use the hook -- kernel hackers
    >> debugging screaming interrupts -- can probably be counted on one hand.
    >
    > Ok, in that case it makes sense for me to set this to ata_dummy_irq_ack
    > since I don't have any additional status registers specific to the
    > interface.
    >
    > Presumably a similar change to pata_platform.c would be appropriate?

    I was just pointing out the practical reality.

    The proper implementation of the hook is likely /not/ a dummy on your
    platform.

    I presume you clear the interrupt condition by reading the ATA shadow
    register 'Status', like most other SFF-like controllers, so your
    implementation of ->irq_ack() should reflect that.

    The proper implementation is basically what Alan described:
    ata_irq_ack() minus the BMDMA bitbanging.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2007-04-09 14:05    [W:0.164 / U:32.580 seconds]