    SubjectRe: [QUICKLIST 1/4] Quicklists for page table pages V5

    On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:03:19PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > Yeah too many scary monsters in the i386 arch code. Maybe Bill Irwin can
    > take a look at how to make this work? He liked the benchmarking code that
    > I posted so he may have the tools to insure that it works right. Maybe he
    > can figure out some additional tricks on how to make quicklists work
    > better?

    There shouldn't be anything all that interesting in the i386 code apart
    from accommodations made for slab.c and pageattr.c. But yes, I can do
    the grunt work there since I'm familiar enough with its history.

    I used the i386 pagetable caching backout code to help verify that
    nothing unusual was going on with generic code in this area. I can
    debug the altered quicklist code in like fashion to what that was.

    Basically, I'll help all this along.

    -- wli