    SubjectRe: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    >>> That'd be fine too! Wonder if Linus would swallow a rename patch like
    >>> that...
    >> I don't really see the point. It's not even *true*. A "process"
    >> includes more than the shared signal-handling - it would include files
    >> and fs etc too.
    >> So it's actually *more* correct to call it the shared signal state
    >> than it would be to call it "process" state.
    > we could call it "structure for everything that we know to be ugly about
    > POSIX process semantics" ;-) The rest, like files and fs we've
    > abstracted out already.
    > Ingo
    So are you voting for ugly_struct? ;-)

    I do think this is still waiting for a more descriptive name, like
    proc_misc_struct or some such. Kernel code should be treated as
    literature, intended to be both read and readable.

    Bill Davidsen <>

      Last update: 2007-04-09 20:19    [W:0.027 / U:73.088 seconds]