SubjectRe: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.
Date
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

>>> That'd be fine too! Wonder if Linus would swallow a rename patch like
>>> that...
>> I don't really see the point. It's not even *true*. A "process"
>> includes more than the shared signal-handling - it would include files
>> and fs etc too.
>>
>> So it's actually *more* correct to call it the shared signal state
>> than it would be to call it "process" state.
>
> we could call it "structure for everything that we know to be ugly about
> POSIX process semantics" ;-) The rest, like files and fs we've
> abstracted out already.
>
> Ingo
So are you voting for ugly_struct? ;-)

I do think this is still waiting for a more descriptive name, like
proc_misc_struct or some such. Kernel code should be treated as
literature, intended to be both read and readable.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>