    SubjectRe: Ten percent test
    On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 14:14 +0200, Rene Herman wrote:

    > This turned into an interactivity thing, and while interactivity is in
    > fact better for a large majority of testers, that isn't what Kolivas'
    > scheduler is about. It's about predictability and leaving the dead-end
    > road of these endlesss tweaks, which then break previous tweaks, rinse,
    > repeat.

    To me, it's more than an interactivity thing. It is also about reacting
    to a dynamic environment, which the desktop is. SD is not dynamic.

    > It's unfortunate that Kolivas is having health problems currently, but I
    > certainly do hope that his scheduler finds its way into _a_ -rc1. He
    > said it was done...

    Well, there I disagree with him quite strongly, but it's not my decision
    what gets integrated into any tree but my own ;-)

      Last update: 2007-04-09 19:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.816 seconds]