SubjectRe: COMPILING AND CONFIGURING A NEW KERNEL.
From
On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 06:02:37PM -0700, johnrobertbanks@fastmail.fm wrote:
> Thats interesting, I didn't know that.
>
> Do you know if deb-pkg and rpm-pkg take care of creating the initrd
> automatically.
>
> I seriously doubt they do.
>
> Actually, I guess I only need to compile another kernel to find out.

Certainly on debian make-kpkg actually does have options for initrd
(--initrd) and will call mkinitrd/update-initramfs/yaird at package
install time to generate an initrd for the kernel to deal with raid,
lvm, etc. It works quite well in general.

I would be surprised if redhat didn't do something similar.

--
Len Sorensen