    SubjectRe: Reiser4. BEST FILESYSTEM EVER? I need help.
    Date
    Hi Ignatich,

    After seeing the following benchmarks at

    http://linuxhelp.150m.com/resources/fs-benchmarks.htm and
    http://m.domaindlx.com/LinuxHelp/resources/fs-benchmarks.htm

    The Reiser4 benchmarks are so good, I have decided to try the Reiser4
    filesystem.

    .-------------------------.
    | FILESYSTEM | TIME |DISK |
    | TYPE |(secs)|USAGE|
    .-------------------------.
    |REISER4 lzo | 1938 | 278 |
    |REISER4 gzip| 2295 | 213 |
    |REISER4 | 3462 | 692 |
    |EXT2 | 4092 | 816 |
    |JFS | 4225 | 806 |
    |EXT4 | 4408 | 816 |
    |EXT3 | 4421 | 816 |
    |XFS | 4625 | 779 |
    |REISER3 | 6178 | 793 |
    |FAT32 |12342 | 988 |
    |NTFS-3g |10414 | 772 |
    .-------------------------.

    Column one measures the time taken to complete the bonnie++ benchmarking
    test (run with the parameters bonnie++ -n128:128k:0)

    Column two, Disk Usage: measures the amount of disk used to store 655MB
    of raw data (which was 3 different copies of the Linux kernel sources).

    Anyway, I have patched the 2.6.20 kernel and have a partition formatted
    with Reiser4.

    However, I am having trouble getting LILO or GRUB working (with
    Reiser4).

    Could you guys who know all about this, help me, or point me to some
    help.

    Thanks a lot, John.

    --

    johnrobertbanks@fastmail.fm