Subject[patches] threaded vma patches (was Re: missing madvise functionality)
Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Nick Piggin a écrit :
>
>> Eric Dumazet wrote:
>>

>>> I do think such workloads might benefit from a vma_cache not shared
>>> by all threads but private to each thread. A sequence could
>>> invalidate the cache(s).
>>>
>>> ie instead of a mm->mmap_cache, having a mm->sequence, and each
>>> thread having a current->mmap_cache and current->mm_sequence
>>

>> I have a patchset to do exactly this, btw.
>

> Could you repost it please ?

Sure. I'll send you them privately because they're against an older
kernel.

>> Anyway what is the status of the private futex work. I don't think that
>> is very intrusive or complicated, so it should get merged ASAP (so then
>> at least we have the interface there).
>>

> It seems nobody but you and me cared.

Sad. Although Ulrich did seem interested at one point I think? Ulrich,
do you agree at least with the interface that Eric is proposing? If
yes, then Andrew, do you have any objections to putting Eric's fairly
important patch at least into -mm?

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.