SubjectRe: + clocksource-driver-initialize-list-value.patch added to -mm tree
On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 16:48 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Daniel Walker wrote:
> > I vaguely remember, but I don't think this creates a maintenance
> > issue .. It's not related to maintenance , it's an issue of creating a
> > new clocksource .. My perspective is that it has even less an effect
> > than the CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS field .. People actually have to
> > research that field, but list initialization is fairly clear.
> >

> Yes, but its just make-work. It has no bearing on what the clocksource
> implementer needs to care about. CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS is a
> property of the clocksource they're implementing; it matters to them.
> But "list"? It's just administration.

Setting CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS is largely administration , do you
know what that flag means?

> > The majority method for creating these clocksources is copy&paste, so
> > I'm not sure nano argument on this subject particularly relevant ..
>
> Great, so we end up with some random piece of clocksource internal
> implementation detail cut-n-paste replicated all over the kernel.

list values and list initialization are hardly internal details , they
are commonly used all over the kernel.

Daniel

  Last update: 2007-04-05 02:05    [W:0.642 / U:0.260 seconds]