    SubjectRe: [linux-dvb] Re: Critical points about kernel 2.6.21 and pseudo-authorities
    On 4/30/07, Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@gmx.de> wrote:

    > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    > Datum: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 02:58:33 +0200
    > Von: hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>
    > An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@gmx.de>
    > CC: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>, mkruky@linuxtv.org,
    > akpm@linux-foundation.org, linux-dvb@linuxtv.org,
    > linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    > Betreff: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Critical points about kernel 2.6.21
    > and pseudo-authorities
    >
    > > Am Montag, den 30.04.2007, 01:00 +0200 schrieb Uwe Bugla:
    > > > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    > > > Datum: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 14:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
    > > > Von: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
    > > > An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@gmx.de>
    > > > CC: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org, mkruky@linuxtv.org, mchehab@infradead.org,
    > > linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, akpm@linux-foundation.org
    > > > Betreff: Re: Critical points about kernel 2.6.21 and pseudo-authorities

    > > practice

    > > And

    > > linux-2.6

    > > dowload

    > > it's

    > > do

    > > so it
    > > doing

    > > end
    > > hear
    > > >
    > > > Hi again Linus,
    > > > my deep thanks for your excellent explication of git-bisect.
    > > > But I unfortunately owe a 100Kbit flatrate, and so downloading some 170
    > > MB git tree will need the time amount of one entire night (11.5 kb /s if I
    > > am lucky - no more).
    > > > Just to take up a different approach:
    > > >
    > > > The difference between 2.6.21-rc7 and 2.6.21 official does not play any
    > > role at all.
    > > >
    > > > On the other hand I found out that:
    > > > 2.6.21-rc7 made my AMD K7 router work fine
    > > > 2.6.21 official hung my AMD K7 router up
    > > > 2.6.21-git1 hung my AMD K7 router up
    > > > 2.6.21-git2 made my AMD K7 router work.
    > > >
    > > > In so far the diff between 2.6.21-git1 and 2.6.21-git2 obviously solves
    > > the problem.
    > > > Or am I saying something wrong as far as logical terms are concerned?

    > > anywhere

    > > that

    > > > Now this is the old problem about it all: the hypocricy factor, the
    > > utmost small, if not to say pre-pubertarian character plus some other
    > obviously
    > > counter-productive character traits in those so-called "maintainers" who
    > > behave like kids, but not like grown-ups at all!
    > > > Not only you, but also Andrew perfectly and willingly step into the
    > > hypocritic trap and do not even feel that they are trapped!
    > > >
    > > > For the majority of all cases of the so-called "maintainer personnel" at
    > > linuxtv.org the statement of some missing "politeness" or some missing
    > > "respect" is nothing but an utmost dumb, kiddish, human mediocre and
    > utmost
    > > stupid and utmost hypocritic excuse for bare naked incompatibility,
    > dumbness,
    > > wrong solidarity, kiddishness and technical incompetence.

> [...]

    Uwe,

    which patches do you refer to?
    Can you submit a list of your patches which got no attention (I'm only
    interested in the patches, not in discussions you had)

    Markus

      Last update: 2007-04-30 13:51    [W:2.318 / U:0.108 seconds]