    SubjectRe: Lower HD transfer rate with NCQ enabled?
    >>Q: What conclusion can I make on "hdparm -t" results or can I make any
    >>conclusions? Do I really have lower performance with NCQ or not? If I do,
    >>is this because of my HD or because of kernel?
    >What IO scheduler are you using? If AS or CFQ, could you try with deadline?

    I was using CFQ. I now tried with Deadline and that doesn't seem to degrade
    the performance at all! With Deadline I got 60MB/s both with and without
    NCQ. This was with "hdparm -t".

    So what does this tell us?

      Last update: 2007-04-03 23:33    [W:0.019 / U:8.636 seconds]