    SubjectRe: getting processor numbers
    Andi Kleen wrote:
    > There was a proposal some time ago to put that into the ELF aux vector
    > Unfortunately there was disagreement on what information to put
    > there exactly (full topology, only limited numbers etc.)

    Topology, yes, I'm likely in favor of it.

    Processor number: no. Unless you want to rip out hotpluging. I'm
    certainly in favor of that, it creates huge problems for no real
    benefit for the common use cases. But as it is, the number of
    processors is not necessarily constant over the lifetime of a process.
    The machine architecture is.

      Last update: 2007-04-03 19:19    [W:0.025 / U:4.196 seconds]