SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.21

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> The kernel Bugzilla currently contains 1600 open bugs.

Adrian, why do you keep harping on this, and ignoring reality?

Kernel bugzilla has 1600 open bugs BECAUSE IT SUCKS.

How many of those are interesting and valid? How many of them are
relevant? How many of them are duplicates?

You don't know. Nobody does. So why do you bother reporting that number?

That number is exactly as relevant as the number of dog-hairs on our couch
("in the millions"). An impressively large number, definitely uncountable,
and definitely also not relevant to anythign at all. Not at all unlike
that "1600 open bugs" number that you bring up.

Do you think the number of dog-hairs on our couch is an argument for or
against people trying to track regressions? If not, why do you keep
bringing up bugzilla?

Linus

  Last update: 2007-04-29 22:37    [W:0.300 / U:0.884 seconds]