    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.21
    On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 04:40:31PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > What's the difference between bugzilla and lkml.org? Both have search
    > buttons. Both archive the old stuff. Both can be pointed to.

    Mailing lists don't track bugs.

    The _only_ reason why I originally started regression lists was because
    several kernel developers were spreading the fairy tale "noone tests -rc
    kernels".

    This was only possible because so many bug reports to linux-kernel never
    get any reply, and are therefore lost.

    After I started the regression lists, it suddenly turned out how many
    people test -rc kernels, and that even with regression lists at least
    weekly, it still often took weeks ontil some developer even started
    debugging a regression.

    So what's the difference between bugzilla and lkml.org?
    In Bugzilla we are able to see how bad our bug handling is...

    > Linus

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.