    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.21

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > We are already quite good at ignoring bug reports that come through
    > linux-kernel, and it's an _advantage_ of the kernel Bugzilla to see more
    > than 1600 open bugs because this tells how bad we are at handling bugs.

    No, it just shows that bugzilla doesn't matter for most of the kernel.

    Don't say that "bugzilla tells how bad we are at handling bugs". It tells
    how bad *bugzilla* is for handling bugs, nothing more.

    Trying to play politics by pointing to bugzilla is pointless. Bugzilla is
    used for a few subsystems (ACPI seems to use it actively, for example),
    but I doubt most developers use it.

    Would be be good to have a better bug-tracking setup? Yes. But I think it
    takes man-power, and it would take something *fundamentally* better than

    Maybe the new "" thing will
    evolve to something worth tracking. Right now, bugzilla isn't it (although
    it can be a useful tracking place for individual bugs, *once* you've found
    and gotten the right developer involved - but that's a huge step that
    bugzilla generally does *not* do for us).

      Last update: 2007-04-29 00:37    [W:0.020 / U:20.052 seconds]