SubjectRe: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:19:49 -0700 (PDT) Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com> wrote:
>
> > The page cache handling in the various layers is significantly
> > simplified which reduces maintenance cost.
>
> How on earth can the *addition* of variable pagecache size simplify the
> existing code?

Because the page cache code is full of manual shifts and adds. Its a mess.
Adding appropriate accessors simplifies the code. I took that opportunity
to slide in an address space parameter into the accessors which allows to
have sets of accessors for single page size and multi page size
configurations.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans