SubjectRe: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)
Date
Alan Cox wrote:

> Mind you some laptops think S2RAM is just a transition state on the way
> to disk, leave them in ACPI S2RAM and the firmware will magically turn it
> into a save to disk and back to ram if the battery runs low or you leave
> it idle too long.

The OS does this (or at least it's supposed to). STR with battery low,
it comes back on fully via a battery wake event, and then STD (aka
snapshot/poweroff). The ACPI state machine always goes through S0, FWIW.

OK, now back to the "should we have 2 function pointers or 4" debate...

-- Andy