    SubjectRe: Back to the future.
    On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > This is basically the loop above, made complex by the fact that we do
    > not want to have separate partition for snapshot; we just want to
    > reuse free space in swap partition.

    with the size of drives today is it really that bad to require a seperate
    partition for this?

    I also don't like the idea of storing this in the swap partition for a couple of

    1. on many modern linux systems the swap partition is not large enough.

    for example, on my boxes with 16G or ram I only allocate 2G of swap space

    2. it's too easy for other things to stomp on your swap partition.

    for example: booting from a live CD that finds and uses swap partitions

    if you are needing space for your freeze, allocate it in an unabigous way, not
    by re-useing an existing partition.

    David Lang

      Last update: 2007-04-27 01:01    [W:0.018 / U:5.044 seconds]