SubjectRe: Back to the future.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> Perhaps you should try to make an alternative yourself instead of
> pushing us into making something we don't believe will work (my case) or
> have already done but in a way you don't like (Rafael). Don't talk about
> Pavel cutting code. He's just acking/nacking what Rafael sends him.

I've done that in the past (USB, PCMCIA - screw the maintainers, redo
it basically from scratch). But the thing is, I'm totally uninterested
personally in the whole disk-snapshotting, so I'm not likely to do it
there.

But yes, I'm actually hoping that some new person will come in with a new
idea. The current people seem to be too set in "their" corners, and I
don't expect that to really change.

Quite honestly, I don't foresee any of the current tree approaches really
doing something new and obviously better, unless somebody new steps in.

Linus

  Last update: 2007-04-26 22:49    [W:0.248 / U:0.108 seconds]