    SubjectRe: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3
    On Thu, Apr 26 2007, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > > Iff we really the larger physical page size to support the hardware
    > > then it makes sense to go down a path of larger pages. But it doesn't.
    > You are redefining the problem. We need larger physical sizes to support
    > the hardware. Yes. We can dodge the issue with shim layers and hacks. It
    > is obvious from the kernel sources that this is needed.

    We definitely don't. Larger sizes are ONE way to solve the problem, they
    are definitely not the only one. If the larger pages become unfeasible
    for some reason (be it fragmentation, or just because the design isn't
    good), then we can solve it differently.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2007-04-26 20:11    [W:0.019 / U:23.588 seconds]