SubjectRe: [REPORT] cfs-v4 vs sd-0.44

* Rogan Dawes <> wrote:

> My concern was that since Ingo said that this is a closed economy,
> with a fixed sum/total, if we lose a nanosecond here and there,
> eventually we'll lose them all.

it's not a closed economy - the CPU constantly produces a resource: "CPU
cycles to be spent", and tasks constantly consume that resource. So in
that sense small inaccuracies are not a huge issue. But you are correct
that each and every such inaccuracy has to be justified. For example
larger inaccuracies on the order of SCHED_LOAD_SCALE are a problem
because they can indeed sum up, and i fixed up a couple of such
inaccuracies in -v6-to-be.