    SubjectRe: [REPORT] cfs-v4 vs sd-0.44

    * Rogan Dawes <> wrote:

    > My concern was that since Ingo said that this is a closed economy,
    > with a fixed sum/total, if we lose a nanosecond here and there,
    > eventually we'll lose them all.

    it's not a closed economy - the CPU constantly produces a resource: "CPU
    cycles to be spent", and tasks constantly consume that resource. So in
    that sense small inaccuracies are not a huge issue. But you are correct
    that each and every such inaccuracy has to be justified. For example
    larger inaccuracies on the order of SCHED_LOAD_SCALE are a problem
    because they can indeed sum up, and i fixed up a couple of such
    inaccuracies in -v6-to-be.

      Last update: 2007-04-25 11:33    [W:0.020 / U:6.032 seconds]